Dental implants are an innovative and popular solution for missing teeth replacement. At Toothsome, we use Straumann dental implant systems due to their high success rate, quick healing time, and ability to help patients with a variety of dental conditions to restore their smile and self-esteem.
However, we are also happy to place any dental implant system recommended by your dentist when you are referred to our practice.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a tiny biocompatible screw that is surgically implanted into your jawbone. Over the course of six weeks to 3 months, it fuses with your jawbone to provide a stable anchor for your prosthetic tooth.
Once the site has healed, an abutment is placed on top of the implant. It connects the implant and the crown for a realistic looking and fully functional tooth.
Why are dental implants an effective solution for replacing missing teeth?
- State-of-the-art tooth replacement
The titanium post is attached to the actual implant and supports a lifelike crown to resemble a natural tooth. The implant rests beneath the gum line in the socket that used to hold your missing tooth.
Two, four, six or more implants can be used to support multiple crowns or an entire upper or lower arch of missing teeth.
- The implant system mimics natural teeth
The dental implant mimics your tooth root because it fuses with your jawbone to provide an anchor for your false tooth or teeth.
Your replacement tooth is indistinguishable from your natural teeth. You can enjoy all your favourite foods without moderating your diet. You can also speak, eat, smile, and laugh with confidence.
- Easy maintenance
Simply brush and floss as normal. No need for messy adhesives or special dental tools. They also don’t require other restorative work like dental fillings.
Dental implants provide a permanent solution for tooth loss. Dental implants can last a lifetime with a good oral hygiene regimen and twice-yearly cleanings and dental exams.
- Stimulate bone growth
Missing teeth lead to bone loss, which results in an aged appearance. Unlike other teeth replacement options, dental implants prevent further bone loss and even stimulate bone growth restoring volume to your face.
- They improve your smile and confidence
Dental implants have revolutionised tooth replacement dentistry. They are a natural-looking, feeling, and functioning tooth replacement option that preserves bone and enhances your psychological well-being – and that’s something to smile about!
Why Straumann dental implants?
Straumann is a leading brand of dental implants. This Swiss company has been delivering groundbreaking innovations since they set the standard for dental implants in 1954.
They have refined their technology using meticulous testing to produce the most reliable, durable, and natural-looking tooth replacement options available on the market today.
Straumann implants are a name that dentists all over the globe know and trust.
Straumann dental implants are made from a high-strength titanium alloy called Roxolid (15% zirconium and 85% titanium).
Straumann implants also use SLActive technology, which promotes faster osseointegration (fusion with the jawbone) and healing and improves the success rate of implant surgery.
If you were ineligible for dental implants surgery due to a lack of bone density, that is no longer an issue due to the options of Straumann implants available.
Other reasons to choose Straumann dental implants
- Three decades of clinical research to back up their products
- The Straumann Dental implant system is known worldwide and used globally
- More than 14 million implants placed in 70 countries
- 99% success rate compared to 95% for other brands
- Hi-tech SLActive surface that reduces the likelihood of developing peri-implantitis
- Thin and progressive thread design for more stability and easy insertion
- Reduced chair time due to ease of insertion
- Made for guided surgery
What types of Straumann dental implant systems are available?
Straumann has several types of dental implants that are available in an assortment of sizes to suit a variety of dental needs. Here are just a few of the implants they offer:
- Straumann Standard Implants are the classic soft tissue level implants making them suitable for single stage procedures where the implant is placed at the soft tissue level and left uncovered to heal.
- Straumann Standard Plus Implants are designed for semi-, trans- and subgingival use where your teeth are most noticeable.
- Straumann Standard Plus Narrow Neck Crossfit Implants are ideal for confined spaces like narrow bones, ridges or interdental spaces.
- Straumann Standard Plus 4 mm Short Implant is ideal for less invasive surgery in situations where there is limited bone height, and the patient does not want to undergo a bone graft.
- Straumann Tapered Effect Implants can be placed immediately following extraction.
- The Straumann Pure Ceramic Implant System provides an esthetic, natural-looking option. These implants are made from high-performance zirconia ceramic.
- The Straumann Pure Ceramic Implant Monotype is a metal-free solution that offers the same features as the Soft Tissue Standard Plus Implant.
- Straumann BLX Roxolid SLActive implant for immediate loading.
- Straumann Bone Level Tapered implants for improved aesthetics.
What is a SLActive surface?
The sandblasted, large grit, an acid-etched technique used to create the surface on Straumann implants promotes optimal cell adherence.
If you want to restore your smile, Straumann implants are an excellent option. At Toothsome, our preferred implant system is Straumann. We only use Straumann SLActive Roxolid implants. We are also one of the first dental clinics in Australia to provide the new Straumann BLX implants for our patients.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.